CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

2 Days @ the Shooting Range

I spent two days at the range: had one really disappointing day and one that started-out disappointing but ended up alright. All shots were done with a .308 at 100yd on a standard 100yd targets.


Day one, target one.
The pattern is Awful but it's a new gun and a new scope so I figured the barrel needed broken in and the scope sited.


Day one, target two

Still can’t get it sighted, a new barrel should not be this bad. There's got to be a serious problem with the gun, the scope or me.


Day two, Target one
I returned to the range thinking the gun or the scope may have to be returned on warranty, but it turned out it was the ammo. The holes circled and numbered are the last three I shot at this target, I changed ammo to shoot these three. I was aiming at the hole with the arrow pointing at it. After shooting these three I adjusted windage and elevation.

Day two, Target Two
These were all shot in the order they are numbered. 1-4 were done making slight windage & elevation adjustments between them. By 7 & 8 I was running out of time and got into too much of a hurry and was not controlling my breathing or anything. Shot 9 I slowed down and made it count, with a little more time I may have been able to get closer, but at least I figured out it was not the gun, the scope or the shooter. I knew ammo can make a difference but I did not realize it could be that bad.

0 comments: